REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
A personal interview and visit to the school is required in order to enroll. The admissions representative will explain to the applicant the school’s program and policies during the interview. Futura Career Institute only admits prospective students that are above compulsory age, who are at least 16 years of age for Barber, and Cosmetology, 17 years of age for Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, and have High school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate. Foreign students must have U.S Government authorization in order to enroll. If a student is from a foreign country and cannot provide proof of High School, he/she must sign an affidavit stating they did complete High School and the reason why they cannot obtain proof.
ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Student enrollment interview must be conducted at the school.
- Complete the Admission application and submit required documents:
a. Proof of age. (if applicable)
b. Evidence of high school diploma (if applicable), or pass ATB exam.
c. Foreign students must submit U.S Government legal status authorization.
d. Proper Id.
- Explanation of Enrollment Agreement, signature, and policies and procedures of the school.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND SCHOOL REGULATIONS
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will reflect the integrity and professionalism of the School. Therefore, all students must adhere to the following rules and regulations. Any breach may subject a student to disciplinary action, which may include an immediate warning, probation, suspension or dismissal for any of the following reasons:
- Failure to fulfill the requirements of academic probation or attendance.
- Failure to comply with Enrollment Agreement in its entirety including failure to pay Tuition.
- Attending classes under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Alcoholic beverages and drugs are not permitted on school premises and will be reported to law enforcement authorities and the student will be permanently expelled.
- Behavior that is potentially dangerous to clients, fellow students, instructor, directors, and/or administrative staff.
- Students are required to wear enclosed shoes and proper uniform for designated class. Violation will result in the student being sent home for the day.
- In case student loses uniform, student must purchase another uniform at a cost of $ 25.00.
- Destruction and vandalism of school property.
- Gum chewing is not permitted on School Premises.
- Having ten (10) unexcused absences.
- Failure to seek a faculty members approval before any work can be done on themselves or other students.
- Failure to be in class at the start of their session.
- Student must be responsible for their personal belongings and equipment.
- Solicitation of any kind while on school premises.
- Sexual misconduct and/or sexual harassment.
- The School will not be responsible for any loss of student property.
- Providing false information to school administration or faculty.
- Cheating on exams.
- Abusive or foul language will not be allowed on school premises.
- Acting in a manner that is disrespectful, insubordinate or unprofessional to fellow students, instructors, and /or administrative staff.
- Students children are not permitted on school premises during class hours.
- The School Director may, at their discretion, terminate the student prior to completion for: (1) insufficient progress (2) non-payment or (3) failure to comply with school rules.
- Special Cases: in case of illness, accidents, family problems or any other circumstances that may hinder the student’s training, the school may enter into a reasonable agreement with the acceptance of both parties.
- The school reserves the right to cancel, make changes as to the class content, class schedule, unit textbooks, starting dates, etc. If changes are made by the school, there will be no financial penalty to the student.
- Work areas will be kept clean ay all times.
- Students are required to clean their work areas at the end of the day.
- Equipment will be returned to their designated storage area.
- Trash will be stored in trash containers that are available throughout the school.
- Equipment will be sterilized before it is used.
- School discipline will be enforced at all times.
- Suggestions are welcomed as well as constructive criticism. They should be brought to
the Director’s attention.
- Students must complete all programmed tasks.
- Students will pay their bills on time.
- Student will not bring children and/or guest to school.
- School property will be protected at all times. Students caught in the act of defacing or destroying school property will be dismissed immediately and legally processed.
- Students will not visit the administrative offices except on school related matters.
- Students caught cutting class may be suspended by the school’s Director.
- Admission documents become property of the institution and are part of the student’s permanent record. They will not be returned to the student.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Should a student be terminated or cancel for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- All monies will be refunded if the Institution does not accept the applicant or if the student cancels within three (3) business day after signing the Enrollment Agreement and making initial payment.
- Cancellation after the 3 business day, but before the first day of class, will result in a refund of all monies paid, with the exception of $ 100.00 of the Registration Fee.
- Cancellation after attendance has begun, but prior to 50% completion of the program, will result in Pro-rata refund. Tuition will be computed on the number of days scheduled to the total programs days, plus the Registration Fee not to exceed $100.00.
- Cancellation after completion 50% of the program will result in no refund.
- The books, and tool kits issued to the student become the property of the student and are not subject to the refund policy after the 3rd day of commencing the program. Tool Kits are not returnable due to state and local health laws.
- Terminate date: The termination date for refund computation purposes is the last date of actual attendance by the students, unless earlier written notice is received.
- Refunds will be made within thirty (30) days from termination or receipt of cancellation notice.
- If the students fail to attend for ten (10) unexcused class days without an approved Leave of Absence, they will be withdrawn from the program. Refunds of unused tuition shall be made within thirty (30) days.
- The school reserves the right to dismiss a student for lack of satisfactory progress, failure to attend a minimum number of classes, non-payment of tuition, a breach in school rules and policies.
- The Definition of Enrollment time is the first day of physical attendance to the last day of physical attendance.
- In the event a program/class is cancelled a refund of all monies paid will be returned to the sources from which they were received from originally.
Futura Career Institute is a institution to participate in financial aid “Title IV Federal funds”.